Chapter 7: After the Shock

Chapter 7

After the Shock

Ok, I have been here about 4 or 5 days now and after the initial shock (in a good way) I settle into a routine. Whenever I wake up I always eat some food first thing. Whether I eat at the hotel or go to one the various eateries in the city, I put something in my stomach to battle the booze that I’m going to be consuming (in large quantities some days), and also to keep up my energy and resistance.

I found another “untapped” resource by eating at the restaurants there, NON bar girls aka waitresses. These girls I found have no real interest in their customers as possible dates to be wooed, only guys to be served (food that is) then forgotten. In other words, “regular” girls. Some are married with children and a stable family life, some are single girls trying to earn enough to further their educational needs, some are daughters and trying to earn enough money to help support their families while holding onto their dignity by not having to dance in the bars. This allowed me ample opportunity to practice my social skills (pick up lines) with someone in an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Practice makes perfect.

I was at a restaurant one day early in my vacation, which had a regular bar upstairs and a karaoke room above that. A very pretty little girl ( I say they are all little as they average about 4’6” tall only) in a semi tight t shirt that just hinted at how nicely shaped her breasts were and some very tight shorts that shouted what a nice round bottom she had, strolled over to take my order. She didn’t seem to be in a very particular good mood, yet tried her best to smile and not be rude. She took my order and relayed it to the cooks then stood by the door to get some fresh (not possible in this city) air, as it was a little hot inside. As I was sitting next to the door I struck up a conversation with her and invited her to have a seat while we were waiting for my food.

She told me she was hot and tired, her family was giving her grief, relatives were visiting and she had no privacy for a few weeks, blah blah blah. She went to bring me my burger and fries and started to walk away, I asked her to stay and have a coke on me. She accepted and nibbled on my fries and sipped her sprite, “I don’t like coke”, and we continued to talk about things. Just before I finished eating (the 7 or 8 fries she didn’t eat) I told her I was new in town and could use a “tour guide” to show me some of the sites. I said we could go swimming then head to the mall and maybe a movie after. It was her day off tomorrow so she decided she could use a diversion from her home life but only if she could bring a friend (cause she didn’t know me well enough to go alone), of course I said that was fine.

She wasn’t going to be finished working until 7pm so I gave her my cell number and told her to text me when she was finished and I would come back to collect her and her friend. It is now only 1pm, so I have time to put in some bar hopping hours before our date. I head down to Perimeter Road and enter a bar that has a certain reputation for having, shall we say “friendly” girls who are not to shy about showing their “friendliness”. I sat with a couple of cute dancers and bought them some drinks and we chatted for an hour or so, all the while they kept their hands busy playing with something I was trying to keep under control (to no avail). I could only keep one of my hands busy, as the other held tightly onto my SML. Rubbing here and probing there, my hand seemed to have a will of its own. Then my hand discovered some “wetness” on both girls down there, and I learned a new tagalog word, MALIBOG…that means horny. They both repeated the word several times, so I got the hint. We found a “short time” room at a nearby hotel and took care of business. They went back to work, I went back to my hotel.

I took a nice long hot shower then laid down for a short nap and when I woke I took care of the shit and shave part. Put on some decent clothes and waited for the text. About 7:45 I get the text that she is ready and waiting. I grab a trike and head to the restaurant where she and her friend are waiting outside. One gets inside with me and the other hops on the back of the cycle. She told me the mall closes at 9pm and if we can go there tomorrow because it is already about 8pm now. I said ok and we went back to the hotel to go swimming. We swam for about 2 hours then decided to go have a few drinks back at the bar above where she worked. We drank and played some pool for about 3 hours, then went upstairs for some karaoke and some more drinks.

She actually had a very good voice and even though she had a hard time keeping up with the song she tried her best and had a lot of fun, as did her friend. Her friend wasn’t very high on the looks meter but she had a stunning personality, I could understand why she wanted her to come along, she knew how to have a good time and make people laugh and generally feel comfortable. We sang for a few hours (something I would never do back in the states) then went back down to the bar for some nightcaps. It was at this point she told me she didn’t want to go home and could she stay with me tonight. I reluctantly (yeah right) said “Ok, if your sure you want to”.

It was about 3:30am when we got back to my room, and once again, straight to the shower go the girls. She wanted her friend to stay the night also. Now I am expecting nothing is going to happen because she wanted the friend to stay, silly me. Out of the CR they both come, naked as the day they were born, with funny little grins on their faces, “Your turn nah to shower”. I take my turn and return to the bed naked and climb in. What are they doing……..watching that show again…….Wowowee. Its been a long day for me so I doze off as they finish watching TV.

I am awakened by some moaning and tugging of the blanket. I look beside me and I can see her head peeking over the covers but no friend in sight, maybe she is taking a piss. I thought she was having a bad dream or something so I touch her shoulder, she opens her eyes and smiles then pulls the covers back to reveal her friend is down there “pleasing” her. I chuckled, closed my eyes and decided to give her some privacy and rolled over. She told me its ok and she wanted me to watch, so I did. Another local slang word defined to me, Tbird….that means lesbian. The friend is a lesbo. Fine by me. She blurts out between moans “I want to give blow job”. I offer him up, she is pleased, the Tbird is pleased and I am pleased.

The next day we all go swimming, then to the mall, then we eat and then we take in a movie. The Machinist. I never heard of it before but it was a ½ decent thriller. We went back to the hotel for some eats and another swim. About 5pm we parted ways with hugs all around. A few days later I went back to her resto, she showed no signs of having a bad mood when I ate there from then on. To this day, whenever I am in town, I make sure to hunt her down. Sometimes we go out, sometimes we don’t, but we always have a good time as friends.

When you go out on a “regular” date, meaning not a bar fined girl from a bar, it is a very different feeling, a very different experience. Somehow, wherever you go with your date, everyone seems to know that the girl is not a bar girl. She is treated differently by other waitresses, people in bars, people in stores etc.. I don’t mean to imply that bar girls are treated rudely, just differently, as if other people (Filipinos) know she is with a guy not by choice but because she has been chosen, not true with regular girls, everyone seems to know she is with a guy because she chose to be. Another mystery of this land.

So it became my routine now, at least for the next week or so, to go bar hopping in the afternoon. Sometimes I would “hook up” with some guys, sometimes I would go solo and sometimes I would bf a girl or 3 to bar hop with me. It is more fun when your not alone, but being alone has its own rewards at times. So I would wake about noon, eat then swim then clean up, head down to Perimeter and bar hop for several hours. Some days I would bf from the bars for an over night companion, but mostly I enjoyed the “short time” routine, which I (humbly) could do 3 or 4 times a day. Usually, after the bar hopping and on my way back to my room, I would stop in a Santos bar also, just to keep in touch with some cuties and let them know I was still thinking of them (for future reference).

I had decided, since I was close to this street, that Santos would be a frequent stop for me. The girls were a lot of fun to hang out with. We always had a lot of good laughs, some real belly buster laughs. They can be quite the characters, especially if they are comfortable around you. One night I was at one of my favorite bars and we decide to sit around with our underwear on our heads. Imagine 11 girls with their panties on their heads and one guy with a pair of “skivvies” on his head, all sipping a drink and acting as if everything was normal. People passing by would look 2 and 3 times before they realized. A couple of people stopped to take pictures and buy a round for giving them a good laugh. One of my Aussie mates saw us and joined in the fun.

For the first 7 to 9 days I was there, I would always be in bed by midnight (a few exceptions occurred). Wake at a reasonable time, then start the process all over again. This is why I was here after all, might as well enjoy every minute, even at a snails pace sometimes. I made quite a few friends; yanks, aussies, brits, germans, Scandinavians and even a few Filipinos. This was the life I was meant to live. This was the life I was going to have in the future. I had decided, on my very first trip to the Philippines, that this is where I would retire, or perhaps even sooner make a home there.

Be Sociable, Share!